Tuesday, January 12, 2010

LOOM KNITTING!

So, women down here in the South love to wear things with, lets say, "dramatic flair"... When it comes to fashion,  the bigger, brighter and gaudier the better... So, I always get requests to make things- hats, etc. with this type of yarn but I hate working with it because it is such a pain...

My Aunt, the one from Boulder, CO calls it "yarn with crap in it." Regardless of whether you love it or hate it, one thing is certain: it is expensive stuff and hard to use... So, I was looking for a fun new project to kindof dissipate the "knitters block" that I have had since Christmas and incorporate some of this "yarn with crap in it"... Now, I know how to knit and crochet, but I had never tried knitting on a loom... It was surprisingly easy to learn and a VERY quick knit! I knit this hat in a couple of hours..


the completed hat- first loom project!

And now, I have started the "yarn with crap in it" hat...

I think its coming along pretty nicely and will be done in no time! 
Anyhow, just out of curiosity, has anybody tried out my "blog button" or seen it on anybody's page? I was wondering if it works... If anyone would like to do a button swap with me just let me know- I think it would be so awesome!
tata. Jessica

2 comments:

  1. Your blog button works just fine. I have it up on my own blog, thought would help get some more people on here. I have a few readers and friend bloggers who are very interested in vintage and handmade goodies and I'm sure if they stop by they'll love it. Good luck! :) And if I may suggest something: get a blog archive thingy, helps people see older posts which they might be interested in reading much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to stop in and say Hey! cute cute hat :D

    I really want to try a loom now!

    I am putting your button on my blog if you want you can put mine on yours...

    Have a great weekend!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete